Sunday 27 November 2016

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Do any of my fellow Aussies remember that Butter Menthol add? You know 'It's like a comforting hug from mum' Well, that's exactly what Fantastic Beasts felt like. I'm not really a hugger but I can appreciate the sentiment. This film was warmth, emotion and hilarity all wrapped together in a beautiful Niffler shaped bow. 

I just got home from watching this film for the second time, and I am pretty positive that I'll be going to see this again. This is the sort of film that just makes you happy, and it doesn't matter if you don't know everything about the wizarding world from Harry Potter, you can step into this story and be completely swept away.

If you haven't seen the film, then please go and see it before continuing to read.

I was so thrilled with the little group of heroes we were given. Newt was so awkwardly adorable and came across as such a genuine and sweet character. Tina and Queenie had such different personalities but were both kind and wanted to do the right thing. I think the character we can all relate to was Jacob, he was just completely blown away by the magical world and wanted to lap everything up.

There were so many fantastical creatures to fall in love with and the cinematography was so stunning that all the creatures had a spark in their eyes that made them feel truly believable. I have a sneaky feeling that most of us loved the Niffler the most (although that pug was adorable too) The fight scenes were all done spectacularly and felt just like HP.

Did anyone else get really emotional when the HP music started and we saw the Warner Bros logo in the clouds? We were also treated to a good old fashioned Yates newspaper montage which really helped give that little bit of background while also giving us that happy home feeling.

There were so many amazing parts in this film that I don't even know how to put them into words. Let me know in the comments what you thought of Fantastic Beasts.   

No comments:

Post a Comment